Monday, November 2, 2009

Baby David is HERE!!!

A big hearty welcome to our new little baby boy David!! He arrived on Sunday, Nov. 1 at about 8:30pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs. even and was 21 in. long. Mommy was especially glad he didn't wait until his due date on the 13th because he was already getting pretty big!

Speaking of Mommy, she did FABULOUS! Contractions begun at about 5 a.m. Sunday morning. By 10:00 a.m., they became more regular and we began timing them. Sure enough, they were consistent and getting more intense. Because our due date wasn't for another two weeks, we didn't think we could possibly be in labor. But after walking around the neighborhood, not to mention preparing Sunday dinner and getting through last minute hospital laundry, Kayla finally decided she needed to get to the hospital.

Upon arriving at the hospital, we learned Kayla was dialated to about 5 cm. By comparison, she was only at 1 cm on Wednesday's doctor appointment. So she had progressed well. We checked into the hospital about 4 o'clock. Her labor progressed steadily. Kayla opted to have no medication and did very well with each contraction. She was focused and composed throughout it all. She couldn't have done better. By about 8:00 p.m., she was ready to push and soon enough, that baby came out in just about three or four contractions. It was absolutely amazing!

Here are some shots of David right after he was born. We hope you enjoy the pictures. They are in no particular order. Of course, as any good parents would do, there will be more pictures of David to come!!






























14 comments:

Gear Gang said...

okay, I am officially baby hungry......for my new nephew!

I can't wait to hold that sweet little boy.

Congrats! Kayla-you are so cool!! great job. I am so proud of you.

Love you both,
Lisa

Bethany Sines said...

OH KAYLA!!! YOU DID IT!!! AND HE IS SO HANDSOME!!!! wow i am so proud of you and happy for you!! i can't believe you did it all naturale. ; ) he is a BIG boy! i'm praying for you both and hope your recovery is sooner rather than later.

Alea said...

Yay!!!! He is such a handsome little guy! I am looking forward to more pictures. :) Congratulations!

Nathan & Marlese Seaver said...

CONGRATS!!! that is so exciting! Nate and I send our best wishes!

Abby said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful news!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am proud that you went all natural, too! You are my hero. I'm so glad that everything went well. He looks like such a sweet little boy! I'm so happy for you!!

The Halls said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE KAYLA IS A MOMMY! A big congratulations to the Cook family! I'm so happy for you guys! The second pictures is my favorite! SO CUTE! I miss you guys now I have to come see you!

Jessica :) said...

Oh my goodness!! What a wonderful way to start off my November! I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you both! First off, Kayla - you are amazing! You are officially my hero! Secondly: David is adorable! I love the pics can can't wait to see more.

Salisbury Family said...

Kayla;

You are stronger than 90% of everyone out there! You are beautiful! take more pictures....we just can't get enough of him up here!!! Give him a hug from all of us

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Bryan and Kayla! Congrats congrats congrats!!! Kayla, I am impressed. My first was misserable and I swore I wouldn't have any more children. Then I had my son and it was TEN million times better. With my next I am going to try with out and epidural. Maybe I could get some pointers : ). David is beautiful. Again, CONGRATS!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I just have to say....HE WAS BORN WITH ROLLS?! WOW! Look at those THIGHS! That is amazing! Even more amazing that you had him natural! GOOD GIRL KAY! :)

Ivy said...

Kayla you are amazing. He is a handsome little guy. Congrats!!I am deeply sorry that I was unable to come to the baby shower that you had in Utah. I have been really busy with work. I knew that you were in the hospital yesterday, because I called your in-laws to talk to you about getting you mailing address. Of course they told me that you were having David. Anyway I got the address and I will be mailing a baby package to you in the next couple of days. You are an amazing person and you are going to make a wonderful mother.

Ashlee Salisbury said...

Congrats Kayla and Brian he is perfect. way to go for doing medication free, you are one strong COOKIE.. keep the pictures coming he is darling..
love
zach and ashlee salisbury

Kawika and Aly and Emma said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is absolutely beautiful!! I do have to say he looks like Kayla to me!?!? (don't worry, we still love you Bri!)

Thanks for posting your blog on the family website...we didn't even know you had a blog!! I am excited to stay in contact via blogging!! We love you both and couldn't be more happy for you and your sweet little addition!!

Lots of Love,
Alyson Wika and Emma

Cami Eyre said...

CONGRATS!! We are so happy for you both! You're going to be the best parents! He's one lucky little guy!!!