Friday, May 21, 2010

How we celebrated 22

For my birthday I simply wanted to spend time with my busy husband and with little David. We had so much fun. Brian kicked the day off with a pancake breakfast then we headed to watch the early show of "Babies". Have you seen it? It was definitely entertaining and worth seeing. It isn't very long and has no talking other than the mothers or fathers to their children. It was great.

Then we went to the Woodlands Waterway and had a picnic. Here are some pictures :o)

Every 15 minutes there was a small fountain show set to music. Brian was totally in to that as you can see in the picture.


We tried to get David to warm up to the splash pad. He was a little unsure but he didn't necessarily hate it. You gotta start somewhere right? I think the more we come here the more he'll get used to it.





We really wore David right out. I'm finally realizing that the key to get David to sleep well is to play and play and play until he is pooped. By the way, he is sleeping through the night now and has been for the last few weeks. Let's hope it lasts. Of course I have been so used to getting up at night that I tend to still wake up but hopefully that we change soon.


After our picnic we went home and got cleaned up. Then we went shopping and I got new shoes from DSW (Thanks Brian!) , and a couple nice skirts and shirts at Khols with a gift card from my mother-in-law. If you have just had a baby, even if you lose the weight, a few nice outfits make all the difference. I swear since I have had David all of my old clothes just don't fit quite like they used to. But I guess that is part of the deal. (By the way Old Navy flip flops are one dollar on Saturday...at least they are in TX...all sizes.)

Then we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for veggie enchiladas!

I will also mention this. I didn't pick out all of my gifts. Brian did have one gift to give me at the end of the night with my birthday card.

The gift was a box of Q-tips.

Brian had noticed that we were out and asked if I didn't think he was just so thoughtful.

Then he realized they weren't even Q-tips...they were a cotton swab knock-off brand. He seemed disappointed.

I would like to know if any husband in history has ever given his wife cotton swabs as a birthday gift.

......

Click on the picture below to see footage of our day! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tuzi Salz said...

Yay for sleeping David! Oh Kayla, I'm so happy to hear this! You are a tough cookie of a mom. Your birthday sounds like it was super fun. I'm really looking forward to taking Julia to the splash park when things warm up. We can't wait to see you guys!

Bethany Sines said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!!! i'm so glad you got to relax with your favorite boys!!!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I so know what you mean about the clothes not fitting right! Moms deserve a whole new wardrobe! Happy birthday!