Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Toads, Beetles, Bats!

Hello all. The title comes from Wednesday Wars. Have you read it?

The line "Toads, Beetles, Bats" is quoted only when the stinkiest of problems occur.

My problem occurred early yesterday morning...like 4:30 AM early. My eardrum ruptured.

The pain was second only to giving birth to David. I cried like a baby. I didn't hold back at all. You can only imagine what I sounded like during labor.

I'm on antibiotics and feeling much better and feeling a little sorry for myself. I seem to get the worst case scenario of every cold. My immune system could use a boost.

I'm trying to get used to being temporarily deaf in one ear. It is absolutely annoying.

We have been so busy, busy, busy. I recently got back from a three week trip to Utah/Yellowstone. It was glorious. Brian got back from Philmont not long ago and he says that he'll post a little about it soon.

We also finished up Youth Conference in the Houston North Stake. Brian and I helped with the YC music. Brian wrote a great theme song that the kids all liked. We also were adult leaders so we got to be in charge of about 10 youth during the conference.

So there will be pictures to come of everything...but our camera is currently only taking blurry photos and nothing will upload from the memory card. Toads, beetles, bats.

9 comments:

Daniel said...

That's no fun! Should you be able to get back all of your hearing then? It sounds kind of like a permanent problem.

Brian and Kayla said...

Sometimes it can be permanent if the eardrum ruptures multiple times but my hearing loss will only last a few weeks until the eardrum heals. Phew. I'm glad of that!

Gear Gang said...

I am so sorry Kayla. Hang in there!!

Alea said...

I'm sorry Kayla! I hope you get feeling better soon. On a happy note, I love your background! It is very cute.

Courtney and Tyson said...

Oh no! That sounds so painful! Hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you guys need to just stay home for a while!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

And I know you delivered naturally, so that ear is no small thing! I am so sorry Kayla! OUCH! I hope you are feeling better!

I love love love you!

Tuzi Salz said...

Oh Kayla...we were in the other room when you called about the sickness. I'm sorry to hear about your ear drum. But hey, we have something in common. I too am on an antibiotic. I started to get sick in Utah and I think the fact that this ear thing had just happened with you made your mom even more worried about me. Ha! I think you got the worst of it. I have strep. I love that line from Wednesday Wars. I still haven't finished the book, but I do like it a lot. I hope you can feel 100 percent soon. I know how hard it is when Mom isn't feeling well. It seems that a lot of things fall to pieces! You are a strong one Kayla. No doubt about it.

Jessica :) said...

I am so sorry!! That sounds like one of the worst things. I really hope your hearing returns to normal soon - and that you never have to experience anything like that ever again.
It sounds like YC was a lot of fun! What a fun thing that you got to be involved!

LittleBrownFamily said...

Have you heard of echinacea? It's an immune-building herbal supplement. It's not too pricey and may help you. Just a suggestion. Sorry to hear about your eardrum...I've had something almost that bad in my ear and it was so awful! I can only imagine the pain of it rupturing!