Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The PW Bible

The Poisonwood BibleThe Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Great read! A few people mentioned the story should have ended sooner but I didn't agree (and that is something since I almost always follow my mom's taste in books). Plow through the first third of the book and in no time you'll be fascinated with the author and her style. I can't wrap my mind around the author's ability to write so well. Mom says the author took about ten years to write the thing so of course it is very well thought out. Although the book is fiction one can really learn a lot about Africa and her history. Don't know why I label Africa as a "her" but maybe it is because I read "The Poisonwood Bible". My favorite voice in the novel was Orleanna. I liked Adah the most at first but grew to like Leah toward the end out of the four daughters. Actually one of my favorite things about the book was how it ended. Each character is fully developed by the end and I liked knowing how their lives somewhat "concluded". Read the book. You won't be sorry!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Tammra said...

I am so glad you loved this book so much. I remember how much I loved it when I read it for a book group. We had such a great discussion about it. It's always so fun to be reading something that you can't wait to get back to.

Love you,
MOM