Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Aquarium and France

Here are a few pictures of what we did in May. Brian was invited to be a tour manager/assistant conductor on a tour to France. I really should have him post about it because he could explain the competition that the University of Houston Concert Chorale was invited to, but things are a little crazy for us at the moment so if I don't blog about it now we'll never get to it. The bottom line is that it was an international competition that was pretty prestigious. The chorale won a few prizes and had a great time.

Here is Brian outside a French bakery! Yum!

Beautiful shops in France. I love the alleyway appeal.



An LDS church that Brian went to while in France. It was a very small branch.


The choir that Brian has worked with throughout his time at the U of H. Some of these people were also members of his recital choir. He really loved the opportunity that he had with them and learned so much. Each one of them had to audition for the France tour and not all of the Concert Chorale got to go because space was limited.


And on to the Aquarium...we went for my birthday and it was really fun (and hot!). We had a buy one get one free pass so we decided to go for it. Otherwise it may not have been worth the money. Of all details to share about our Aquarium trip I can't believe I just included the financial aspect of it...you can tell what is on our minds lately! We are frugal I admit it!

While we were there we encountered some creepy looking deep sea divers.



We had fun on the Ferris Wheel. David was a little apprehensive.

I didn't get a lot of shots of myself...wonder why ;o) so I'll stick this one in of me with my piano kids. Our recital was also in May and it went great! I'm really going to miss these kids. The two on the far right are the kids I helped take care of last school year.


And hopefully our next post will bring news of a baby boy!

3 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

You guys sure stay busy! I can't believe how much David is growing! Such a big boy now! He's ready for a baby brother! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear!

Jessica :) said...

Boy, you guys have been busy. I'm not sure you keep up with everything. Kayla, I completely understand about not being in photos. Sometimes we'll do something and have lots of photos but none with me in them. The only proof I was even there is that I know everything that happened! :) I hope that baby comes soon and that everything goes well with that. Oh, and Brian, you should post about your France trip! I'd love to hear the details!

Alea said...

David is getting to be so grown up! I guess that's good with another little one on the way. :) Good luck and I hope it goes well! I can't wait to see pictures.