Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Funemories

What a fun memory!

This is my husband on the "Tree Tour" for the BYU-Idaho 2007 Oratorio. As you can see he is in deep thought while riding on the bus. Little did he know the girl a few seats behind him was going to be his wife...or did he? Maybe he is in such deep thought because he is so enraptured by me. This was the first time I ever met Brian. Wasn't he so cute? I landed in his ward months later and the rest is history! Our little meeting on this bus was just enough to get me to remember his name.



And what about this one? Shots from past Halloweens...


Here we are again in 2007. I dressed as the ugliest hillbilly I could. I had a huge crush on Brian and I knew he would be at this party. He dressed up as an Olive. Oliver the Olive to be exact. You can tell our personalities fit quite well. We weren't about to use a costume party as an excuse to get all dolled up for each other. This was quite a fun time for us though because my roommate was the one throwing the party and she had Brian and I decorate for it. She must have been on to us. Anyway, I made this card for him last Halloween when we were married.

Last Halloween was a hoot. Brian made the best nerd. We attended the Symphony which was a blast and then we had our friends over for a little party. I remember my jaw killing me that night. I remember Brian kept calling Suzi "Sooosan". I remember Brian's geeky voice and the Men's choir cracking up at him after the concert. I remember the way he counted to three very slowly at ever stop sign that night. I remember his paper clip neckalace and his odd fitting retainer. I remember the dozen pens and highlighters that he crammed in to his pocket. I remember laughing hysterically together in our apartment when it was just the two of us before we left. I remember his white socks. I remember getting to the Symphony in our nerd costumes just before the concert started and watching as Brian awkwardly made his way through the crowded concert hall, capturing everyone's attention, hearing laughter from the waiting audience, trying my best not to abandon him. I wish I had footage. It is fun to be married to Brian Cook let me tell you.


Our great friends Pamela and Jared. They made perfect robbers. We miss them.

We can't forget about our award-winning pumpkins...well okay we didn't get an actual award for them but we had a lot of fun! This year's pumpkins will be carved sometime this weekend.

As for this year's costume? You'll have to wait and see!

One final funemory...


My sweetheart friends from the married student ward in Rexburg! This is a picture of our old Relief Society Presidency. Bethany Sines is on the left, Cailin Bruce is on the bench next to Abby Fokken, and...well you know where I am. We had such a fun time together. Abby moved in to a cute little basement apartment and is expecting a little boy (child number two), Bethany is in Iowa living with parents just like me! And Cailin is now a momma. How fun!


Stay tuned for more funemories!

5 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

hahaha i LOVE reading yours and brians adventures!! never a dull moment! you two are so hilarious. and i am SOOO glad you posted that picture of us cause i erased mine! i miss you so much and i think about our old presidency a lot more than i thought i ever would. i loved being with you guys. you are my favorite people ever. seriously. : )

Jessica :) said...

This is really cute! It's so fun that you shared last year's costumes - they were my favorite of all time, mostly just cuz you guys really know how to ham it up! I miss ya!

Abby said...

Awww I need one of those pictures of us!! Hahaha and I just remembered what we were talking about that night right as Brian was opening the door coming home from work!! I miss those times. It's crazy how much has changed since then, and it was only 3 1/2 months ago! I love your funny stories, too!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

LOVE this post! So cute! You know, I just don't get to live anywhere near you, so it is fun to see that you guys love and laugh A LOT! I knew the minute I met Bri that you guys would spend the rest of your lives livin it up! I love that he is not afraid to fully love EVERYTHING!

its simple love said...

That's the Kayla I know! i love the note you wrote your husband. You have such a sense of humor. I hope to see you sometime soon! Maybe over christmas break! Where are you guys living?