Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Witches, Brothers, a Shower, and a Fall

These are my brothers. They are so cool. Really. Oh, but don't forget one brother isn't in the picture. He is a great brother too. His name is Clint. But this is Tyrel and Parker and they are just the best. So fun. Really. Except Tyrel teases me a lot. But I might secretly kind of like that. Don't tell him.



Park was recently baptized and my husband and I flew out for the occasion. Of course we just had to have a baby shower while we were there. And we just had to enjoy the fall season since it was 97 degrees in Spring, TX last week. I'm happy to say that me and my big tummy did just fine. I tried to wear a slimming black sweater so the airport officials didn't think I was too pregnant to fly. It worked! The only crummy part is I didn't get to hold Bri's hand during the flight in to Utah and back home. We weren't able to fly together because he could only come for two days before he had to fly back for school. I stayed for a whole week.

Gentlemen please, you're simply too handsome for the camera.


While I'm showing off family pics I might as well add a few more--

A newly one-year-old pumpkin nephew-- A pretty little sister--
Adorable princess nieces--



Goofy blondes--

A neat dad--
And a sweetheart little brother--


And now...the WITCHES! WAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (imagine an evil witch laugh)

These witches are from Gardner's Village in Utah. Brian and I had a fun time checking this out while we were there. We have our classic witch-flying-in-sky-on-bike-routine, and don't forget about handcart witch...busy with today's chores.

Witches playing baseball...don't they have something better to do? Like cast spells and create potions? It was a relief to see that even witches need a break from everyday life. And don't forget to notice one of my favorites, "witchy poo".






















The Baby Shower: given by Abby Salisbury. (I wish I had better pictures..boo. Oh well.) Please try and imagine the cookie display complete with peanut butter kiss cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cookie bars, etc. etc. right down to good old fashioned pizelles. We celebrated the coming of our "cookie boy" which is funny if you remember that our last name is Cook. Abby is really creative. If you look closely, you might see the baby clothes display by my fireplace. I wish you could see the cookie set-up too, and the blue balloons. Here are a few pictures. First, the little boys pouting that they can't come inside because they are stinky boys and the party is only for smelly girls. Sorry boys. They wanted to play nintendo or legos or something. Clint took them for a hike up G mountain instead. My hubby went too. And here is a pic of a few baby shower guests. Two of my sisters are back there on the couch. I'm glad I got to see Amy, who drove down from Idaho for the festivities.



















My Fall:
I will never forget the sweet memories of my fall. Thank you, Mom and Dad for the pretty drive and the easy hikes. I was craving that! I got a good fill of cool weather and open spaces. Just what I needed. These are beautiful pictures of the day. I convinced M&D to check Rachel and Parker out of school so they could come too. We had a lot of fun collecting leaves. I wanted to bring some back to Spring with me.

























It was such a beautiful day. Sigh. I can't wait until we are able to visit Utah again. We'll hopefully return for the Christmas season. In other news, our baby will be here next month. He's folded up a little funny in there right now. We are hoping he'll get that head down so we can have a good delivery. Otherwise, we may need a C-section which certainly is not the end of the world but is not necessarily desirable either. The doc says some babies go breech for good reasons too so whatever happens will be the best for the babe we think. One thing is for sure, no matter how he comes we'll be excited to meet our cookie boy.

7 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Cookie boy! I love it! Leave it to you guys to come up with something fun for that! I'm glad you had a good trip to Utah. Isn't it amazing how much we come to miss fall colors when they aren't around as much? It's fun to see an update from you. Good luck with the last month and that Cookie babe!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I was so glad I got to see you! I love you my sweet Kayla! You are glowing and as beautiful as ever! I don't know that our little cookie has any idea how lucky he is to have you two as his parents!

Can't wait to smother his cheekers in smooches!
LOVES!

Alea said...

I miss you... Thank you for the post! I hope it all goes well... And can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

Tuzi Salz said...

And he will continue to do so until the end of his days.....

Gear Gang said...

So I am wondering- How is that little cookie, has he decided to turn back around? I am dying to hear from you. Call when you can or email. Love you, sis!!

Nick and Emily said...

i totally have the same pregnancy shirt. ha ha. you look great. glad to see you had so much fun on your trip up here. sorry again that i couldn't make it to the shower. did you get the package alright thoguh? well, lots of love.

Abby said...

I can't believe how close you're getting, Kayla!! I bet you are so excited and so ready. I can't wait to see him! Let us know when he gets here!!