Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mom and David Dates...and a little about Brian too.

David is growing so fast. I love every moment we have together...well not every moment I guess ;) One thing that we like to do is trek around the neighborhood in this backpack. We do get a lot of stares but we have fun! If there were mountains around I'm sure we'd hike together. Today David fell asleep while we walked.




Tomorrow we are going to take David camping for the first time. I'm stoked and Brian is skeptical. I'll be sure to report how it goes. I remember going camping often as a young girl and I don't recall a new baby ever stopping my family from hitting the great outdoors. That reminds me, Brian has been quite outdoorsy lately. His excellent mulch sales has enabled us to buy some really great, high quality gear from REI. A few days ago Brian went to Scout camp with the Young Men that he advises. He got to hike, camp, and rock climb! Cool!



In June Brian will head to Philmont for a few weeks. I'm going to go to Utah and do a little of my own hiking :o)

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

How fun is that?! I am telling you, that boy of yours is amazing! I want to see him so bad! Look how big he is! How sad for his Auntie Amy! I want to kiss his cheekers and give him all the loves he can handle! Sad!

Tammra said...

Heaven's yes!! You all went camping when you were tiny babes. It was so fun. I'm glad you are getting the chance to do that with David.

Miss you!! Love you too.

Bethany Sines said...

I love blogs, but i too hate that we have to have "comment box" conversations. haha
So i had sister blakely for CC. i've always wondered about lammons....whether or not i would like her class. ; ) i loved sis. blakely's. we're not sure where we're going to move yet. i still have this next semester to go but if it goes as fast as this past one, we'll be out of here in no time. abby and cailin came over to my place the other night cause they're both moving in a week, and the only thing missing was YOU!! but it wasn't exactly the same as it was before cause obviously there are all these little babies running around. it was so fun. miss you!!

Jessica :) said...

You two are so cute!! I just love that you are so active with David. Really inspires me to be that way with our little girl when she gets here. I'm not very good at doing active outside things, but I think it's healthy. Thanks for being my inspiration! :) Good luck with the camping trip. I think camping with kids is so fun {albeit a little more work but fun nonetheless}. And good luck to Brian with all the fun YM things! Love ya guys!