Friday, April 30, 2010

Ward Campout

I'm sure there is no better way to get to know your ward members than by going camping with them. We had such a blast at this campout! We took a really funny video of David waking up in the tent but it isn't uploading. So here are just the pictures for now.

He looks like baby Moses. This was his bed. He loved it.



A lot of ward members are in love with David. Here is is looking at the fire with Paula.


David slept like this most of the night. And I'm faking sleep in case you couldn't tell. We actually had to wake David up he slept so good! Good boy!


We had some yummy tin-foil dinners (pre-cooked at home :o). Brian played capture the flag with the boys. The ward provided the smores. One guy was making them with peanut butter cups. Now that is indulgent! We put David to bed in the tent at about 8:00 didn't wake up until 1 or 2 in the morning (which is good for David believe it or not).

David has one of those cloth binkies that you can put food in. He loves it! So for dinner at the campout he had canned mandrain oranges and pineapple. Until one of my friends that is expecting her third baby mentioned that infants shouldn't have citrus. Oops.

6 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

That looks like so much fun! Was it cold? I didn't know that about citrus! I used to give Easton mandarin oranges and pineapple in those binkies too!

Tammra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammra said...

Sorry I deleted the above post. I read over it and it didn't make any sense, so I will try again.

Just a note from an old mom - Pineapple is not a citrus fruit so you probably don't have to worry about that. Canned mandarin oranges are citrus but not like fresh oranges, grapefruit, orange juice and tomatoes. Mandarin oranges are probably the best food to use when you decide to try introducing citrus fruits to a child's diet.

I LOVE the pictures!! That looks so fun. I can't wait to show Fishlake to David.

Love you all!!

Amy Lindstrom ~ Your Life Uncommon said...

That last picture of David cracks me up! I can't believe I am missing....have missed his infant stage!

When we were in Rexburg yesterday I kept expecting you guys to just show up. It was strange that you weren't there anymore. I didn't like it. However, that being said, I am glad you guys are out experiencing different things. With experience comes life lessons. Live it up! Before you know it you will be on to the next big adventure!

Love you guys!

Jessica :) said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I have to keep reminding myself that you are in Texas ... I keep thinking that it's too cold to go camping! I guess here it still is but you guys might have been perfect. I love that last photo of David. He's so cute!

Tuzi Salz said...

Tyrel and I want to go camping so bad! We wish you were here in Rexburg so we could go together. That would be so much fun! Maybe sometime in the next two years or so Brian and you could come for a visit and we will go camping with you guys. We hope you are doing well. You are such a cute little family! David looks really cozy snuggled up to his mom. Cute.