Thursday, October 14, 2010

My First Babysitter

I just made the strangest phone call.

It actually was perfectly normal, just strange to me.

"I know it is Homecoming weekend but if you don't have plans could you babysit David?" And then I got all nervous and added that we would pay her and that she could even invite a friend and that it would be extra easy because David would be asleep. And don't worry if you have something going on cause I can find someone else.

And the cute Laurel in our ward said yes.

I was that Laurel five years ago.

When did I grow up and become a mom that calls for a babysitter?

Strange!

6 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

I remember thinking that was the strangest phone call too! I probably said at least ten times, "if you can't it's ok, don't worry." I felt so bad asking her to watch him, and he was only going to be awake for an hour! They both survived:)

cassadee said...

I felt really strange doing that too. Especially when I told her I could take her home!

The Halls said...

I never though of that... Wow that is crazy to realize how the situation has flopped. One day I know I will do this, just know Kayla I will be feeling the exact same way!

Alea said...

I feel the same way when I coach my high school girls. Last year when I was pregnant the seniors were talking about how they were excited to move on with life and eventually have a family of their own... but not for a long time. Lol. I remember thinking those same thoughts... Then four years later came Clara. Haha!!! What a wonderful life I have, even if my high school girls can't believe I'm really not much older than they are!

Jessica :) said...

It does feel too weird, doesn't it? Crazy what growing up does to a person! I still feel like I did when I was 19 . . . it's so surreal to think of myself as married, graduated from college, a mom. But it's probably the best me I've ever been. I'm glad you were able to find a babysitter and go out.

Tuzi Salz said...

I find my self adding the same type of "add ons" after I ask people to babysit. Except usually it is "I will pay you in cookies" and "You can even bring your husband if you want." I don't know what I'm going to do when I leave Rexburg...