Thursday, November 4, 2010

Frankenstein

FrankensteinFrankenstein by Mary Shelley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book just about got five stars. It was the perfect season to read it and I only got freaked out a couple of times. Frankenstein is so much more than a ghost story. The reading does require perseverance because it is set in the later 1700s. The ultimate question for me to ponder is whether or not the daemon is really evil. Read the book and decide for yourself! Remember Frankenstein is actually the creator, not the monster. The telling of three points of view was really clever and made me think that Mary Shelley must have been quite a talented writer. Her life story by the way, is very interesting. You may be surprised with the book because it isn't very similar to any Hollywood portrayal of Frankenstein.



View all my reviews

No comments: