Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Wife



I know that most of the people who read this Blog are already aware of my amazing wife, but I wanted to take a minute to let you know some of the things she's been up to lately.

There are, of course, all of the normal, day-to-day tasks my wife accomplishes: doing the laundry, cleaning the house, picking up again and again after David, going on walks, joining playgroup kids at the park, cooking FABULOUS meals with seemingly little effort, and I could go on and on.

She takes care of three kids after school everyday. I don't care who you are; anyone who takes care of three kids, helps them with their homework, taxis them across town to practices and rehearsals, AND finds time to teach them piano (all the while taking care of her own child!)... that's amazing. And we are so grateful for that job and the opportunity it has given us. Kayla does a good job.

Some of the things Kayla has done recently are listed below:
  • Taught 10 half hour piano lessons
  • Saved our family $20 by cutting my hair all by herself
  • Saved even more money by cutting David's hair
  • Was one of the few women in the ward who supported the R.S. Fun Friday; stained blocks of wood and stuck a vinyl nativity scene to them
  • Started (and finished) writing this year's Christmas cards
  • Searched for jobs online for me
  • Set up an appointment for family pictures; woke up at 7:00am Sat. morning to get herself and her baby boy ready for the pictures; endured the attempts of numerous picture people doing all sorts of weird things to try to get her baby boy to laugh (and all he wanted was to be held by his mommy!)
  • Prepared and delivered an excellent, heart-felt sermon on Gratitude in church
  • Directed a Ward Choir rehearsal that made me proud to be her husband
  • Volunteered to help a Nursery worker find a suitable substitute for her class, even though Kayla couldn't fill in
I am sure there are many more things Kayla did this week that kept her going going going. She just never quits. I love that about her. I'm very grateful for all the support she is to me. She's getting to bed extra early tonight because the nanny kids need rides TO school every day this week- so she'll be up and at 'em early all week.

At this great Thanksgiving season, there is absolutely no other earthly thing for which I could be more grateful than my sweet, eternal companion. I love you.

7 comments:

Tammra said...

Well, Brian, you made me cry. It does my heart good to know how much you love and appreciate Kayla. I am sure it does her heart good to realize that you recognize all that she does. Thank you for this sweet tribute. She truly is one in a million!

Love,
MOM

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I love you Brian! You are so perfect for our sweet Kayla because you recognize all that she is capable of doing, which helps her realize it too! I love that you truly appreciate her. She IS an amazing woman! I love her so very much! Thanks for taking such good care of her!

Bethany Sines said...

i can't really add more to all the beautiful things you said about kayla, but i just have to add my two cents: i adore your wife!! she is one of the coolest, most down-to-earth, non-judgemental, honest, hard working, spiritual people i've ever met. and i'm not making that up at all. : ) her relief society lessons were always my absolute favorite and she was always able to tell people the truth without hurting their feelings. I just admire her so much. she's one of those women that can handle stress really well (even though she probably doesn't think so) and doesn't show her frustrations. and if she does show her frustrations it's nothing compared to what it could be-her version of mad or stressed is still so pleasant to be around!! : ) I LOVE KAYLA!!!!

Courtney and Tyson said...

What a sweetheart! I think I've actually only met Kayla once... but I knew she was amazing from the start! Thanks Kayla! You inspire me to keep pushing along!

michael + kylie said...

I love Kayla too! You both are such good examples to us! We miss you guys and hope all is well!

Gear Gang said...

Brian you are a good man to recognize all Kayla does. Thank you. Kayla, I love you so much and I am praying that soon you will make it back to Utah to live. I know we would have so much fun together and so would David and Carter.:)

I love all three of you so much and can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Jessica :) said...

That is very sweet, Brian. One can certainly tell that you adore your wife, and as you've proved, for many good reasons. I remember when you guys were dating I was hoping like crazy that you would get married and I was so excited when you told me you were going to propose! You guys are positively perfect for each other and I'm so happy to call you my friends.