Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Birthday David!

A year ago I was experiencing major pain because I was in labor with this hooligan. I can't believe it has been a whole year! Because Brian has a late class tonight (which he couldn't miss unfortunately) we gave him a gift early this morning. We'll celebrate with cake a little later.



Does that look like a happy birthday boy or what? He is adorable! And coincidentally he has decided to walk around a bit today. For the last few weeks he has been walking around furniture and stuff, but today he is totally walking! How crazy! We'll see if it lasts or if it is just especially for his birthday. I'll post some footage of his baby steps soon because babies are so cute when they are first learning to walk.

It has been a "David and Mommy" day with lots of fun stuff...like taking walks and going to the park and eating mac n cheese for lunch.
David only knows a few words but he is very clear on their meaning. He says "yeah" and "uh-oh". He is such a positive fellow and nods his head vigorously when I ask him a question. I'm glad he doesn't know "no" yet but I'm sure that will come.
Happy Birthday David!

6 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

What a little sweetheart! Happy Birthday David! Time goes by way too fast!!!

Bethany Sines said...

he is soooooo cute!

Abby said...

How exciting!! I remember being so anxious to hear about everything last year! He is a very cute boy!

Gear Gang said...

He looks so happy. Happy Birthday, David.

By the way Caroline says she has a crush on David, but I am not supposed to tell him. So Shhh! its just between you and me. WINK WINK.

Love you

Nick and Emily said...

What a honey! I can't believe it's been a whole year either. congrats.

Jessica :) said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable! He does look so happy and who wouldn't with such a cute toy? I also love your wrapping. That is the best idea for a one-year old. I can't believe he's a year old! Gosh, how time flies.