Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Winter Wheat

Winter WheatWinter Wheat by Mildred Walker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Just finished this for the second time, a few years after reading it for the first time. This time round, I loved it even more and felt that I could connect well with the themes in this novel. The book describes the life of young Ellen Webb and what she learns about love and hate. Whereas last time I related most with Ellen and her lover Gil, this time I really enjoyed the story of her parents. The book seems to address the question "How is true love defined?". It was also written in the 1940s and is a classic. It reminded me of My Antonia in some ways.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

wagstaffers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wagstaffers said...

Ross was looking at what I was doing on the computer and said, "I have like three books called 'winter wheat' and they are all about winter wheat . . . not love."
Crop scientists!

Brian and Kayla said...

Haha. That is really funny.