Monday, February 20, 2012

An Explanation

The post below requires an explanation. So for those of you that want it, here it is.

I was up early, 4:30 I think, with Nathan. When I got him back to sleep it seemed not long before David was up for the day. Nathan and David usually share a room but this time Nate was asleep in his pack and play in my bedroom. I put Barney in for David (can I just say I'm not a fan or Barney...I think its his voice) and I fell asleep on the couch. Pretty soon I heard Nathan crying and in my grogginess I told David to check on him. Sometimes they can entertain each other for a few minutes. David came back and got some toys for him and put them, as well as himself, in the pack and play. I fell back to sleep and woke up to David's face about two inches from mine saying that Nate had a dirty diaper...well is was more like "Mommy, Mommy, Maaaaaahhhhmy, Maaaaaahhhhmy, Nate! Nate! Poo-poo". So I gradually got myself up, deciding it was time I stop neglecting my children. When I went in and saw Nate I could not for the life of me figure out what had happened. Then David said "See! See!" and showed me how he threw Nathan's poopy diaper in the garbage. I realized at that moment that David had tried to change his little brother's diaper. What a helper.

8 comments:

Bethany Sines said...

baaahhhhhahahahahahaha OH. MY. GOOOOOSH. that is quite a story! i'm dying.

Jessica :) said...

Wow! What a helper he is! So very thoughtful. Oh, man.

Matt and Kim said...

THATS TOOOOO HILARIOUS!!!!!

Courtney and Tyson said...

Oh my gosh you are too funny. What a good helper! We love your blog:) Easton and I read the last post together and had a good laugh. Then the next day Easton said, "Dad, you should read mom's husband's blog. The baby is covered in poop!" (He meant cousin's - lol)

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

HAHAHAHA! Well that had to be the only thing in the world that kept you from going crazy in that moment. He wanted to help out. Isn't that sweet! How that got poop in Nathans teeth, we may never know, but still.... hahahahahah!

Abby said...

Oh man, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has these moments!! It's like, when you need to steal a few minutes for yourself, something is ALWAYS going on in the other room. And then when you see what happened, you just don't even know where to start. Sometimes I'm tempted to just close the door and walk away. Thanks for the laugh! It makes me feel much better.

wagstaffers said...

I'm not laughing. Maybe later.

Naugles said...

Oh my gosh! That is such a great story. So funny!